2.04.2006

Odessa & The Plan

band name!



It's almost too small for me to wear. I didn't swatch, since Grumperina said on her blog that the hat stretched. I used needles one size smaller than recommended, but I figured it wouldn't make that much of a difference. I might do this hat again with another pattern repeat or two. The yarn is gorgeous and the buttons are awesome.

I tried to get a picture of me wearing it, but I couldn't get it to work out and I got frustrated and gave up.

Pattern: Odessa from Magknits, designed by Grumperina
Yarn: Rowan Cashsoft DK in Thunder
Needles: US5 DPNs - aluminum

Now for The Plan. Here's what I want to/should do in terms of knitting over the next few months:
  1. Finish the DNA scarf I started. This must be finished before the Olympics start.
  2. Knitting Olympics. Aimée (name Frenchicized courtesy of yours truly). Enough said.
  3. Demi from Rowan Vintage Style.
  4. Cashmere lace blouse from Loop-d-Loop. Except not in cashmere, cause I'm cheap. And also I don't deserve nice things. I'm thinking of getting KnitPicks sock yarn so I can dye it myself. That would be cheap. And badass.
  5. ETA: I also want to finish my Butterfly sometime within the next century.
And then sometime I should really finish up my Sesame.

My mom heard about the Knitting Olympics somehow, and wants to make two Baby Einstein Jackets from Sally Melville's The Knit Stitch.

No comments: