3.30.2006

Shedir Grows

Thanks in part to a Christopher Guestfest, I am now a little more than 3" into my Shedir. My fingers hurt from knitting, so it's time for me to take a break. I'm using Rowan Cashsoft DK because I had it lying around, but I only had enough for a small project. As I said when I knit Odessa, I love this yarn. It's so soft. It's also really squishy, which unfortunately makes for yucky cables. I knew about this correlation long before I started this hat, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together (which is so often the case with me and just about everything). My cables kind of look like a textured mess right now (that's why there isn't a progress photo), but it doesn't really bother me. I love this yarn, and I'm determined to have a wearable hat made out of it. I hope this one'll be big enough for me. Cross your fingers.

No comments: